AwardsAdelante Promotores Conference
The objective of the Adelante Promotores awards is to recognize and appreciate the important work of the Promotores/Community Health Workers (CHWs) and encourage their participation in education and prevention programs and services in the community. These awards recognize outstanding Promotores/CHWs who have positively impacted their community. Winners will be awarded at the Annaul Adelante Promotores Conference on Friday, August 23, 2019. Nominees must be present to receive the award.
Promotor(a)/CHW of the Year
The Promotor(a)/CHW of the Year award recognizes an experienced Promotor(a)/CHW who has demonstrated extensive involvement in the projects and initiatives that improve the health and wellbeing of families and has demonstrated a continuous commitment to working on community capacity building. The Promotor(a)/CHW must have at least 5 years experience working as a Promotor(a)/CHW.
Promotor(a)/CHW of Excellence
The Promotor(a)/CHW of Excellence award recognizes an individual who had an exceptional performance and a significant contribution to the community. A Promotor(a)/CHW who has gone above and beyond job expectations and who through their dedication and passion positively affected the success of the project and the community.
- To be considered for the Recognition Awards, the Promotor(a)/CHW must be currently employed or affiliated as a Promotor(a)/CHW with and agency or organization as an employee or volunteer.
- The nominee must be registered and attend the Annual Conference on August 23th.
- Nominations may be made by any individual, group or organization. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- To be considered nominations must be received by the deadline July 25, 2019.
The planning committee of the Annual Adelante Promotores Conference serves as the evaluation committee. The committee will review and score all nominations base on select criteria.
Contact: Margarita Holguin at (619) 427-2290 or via e-mail to Margarita.email@example.com
Important Dates for 2019 Nominations
- Deadline for nominations – July 25, 2019
- Nominees will be notified (only notified of nomination) – August 19, 2019
- Awards Ceremony – Adelante Promotores Annual Conference August 23, 2019
Nomination for either of the awards requires the following information (maximum 2 pages)
- Describe the work or project the Promotor(a)/CHW is involved
- Describe how the Promotor(a)/CHW is involved in the community
- Provide example of projects, level of responsibility and the role of the nominee
- Describe how the Promotor(a)/CHW demonstrated leadership and commitment to the community
- Tell us what impact has the Promotor(a)/CHW in the community
- Why does the Promotor(a)/CHW deserve this award?
- Please provide any other information you think is important