Community Health Workers Toolkit
The toolkit is made up of several modules. Each concentrates on different aspects of CHW programs. Modules also include resources for you to use in developing a program for your area. There are more resources on general community health strategies available in the Rural Community Health Toolkit.
- Module 1: Introduction to Community Health Workers
An overview of community health workers and their roles.
- Module 2: Program Models
Elements of differing models for CHW programs.
- Module 3: Training Approaches
Available training materials and procedures for CHWs.
- Module 4: Program Implementation
Building a program from the bottom up.
- Module 5: Planning for Sustainability
Ensuring your CHW program functions properly.
- Module 6: Measuring Program Impacts
Strategies for measuring the effectiveness of your program.
- Module 7: Disseminating Best Practices
Approaches for letting other people know what you have done with your program.
- Module 8: Program Clearinghouse
Examples of and contacts for successful CHW programs.